Thursday, April 16, 2009

Susan Boyle Makes Me Happy

I’m probably the last person on the internet to discover this clip. Whatever. Just the thought of her success has given me joy and delight since I first heard it last night. Ms. Boyle was a contestant on “Britain's Got Talent.” When she walked on stage this 47 year old, slightly dumpy, woman elicited eye-rolling, ill concealed, smirks.


I’m sure the audience was expecting to have a little fun--something along the lines of Florence Foster Jenkins. With the first notes of “I Dreamed a Dream” from Les Miserables, when this simply enormous voice poured forth, it literally popped eyes open and snapped heads back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing story.
I just hate reality TV and the penchant for humiliating another human being.
This woman's true beauty showed through.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!