Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Starbucks

I am not one of those people who knock Starbucks. I think the coffee is terrific and my local has been a second office. When I'm not trying to work it's where I go to watch the passing parade or read the paper. The young people who work there seem to love it and it's been my understanding tht even part-timers have health insurance.

Still, I firmly believe in the right to organize for union representation. I thought the following was interesting:

Brave New Foundation has launched "StopStarbucks.com" an online video and campaign. Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks touts Starbucks as being at the forefront of progressive corporate responsibility: except of course when it comes to allowing its workers to organize. 


To view the video please visit, www.StopStarbucks.com


 

1 comment:

Art Jacobson said...

Sorry for the overlap. I've tinkered with it but couldn't correct it, so I've taken it down and substituted a link.