Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Pandora Founder To Be in Tucson Sunday


Tim Westergren (left) will be holding free a meet-up at the Rialto Theater on Sunday, March 7th, starting at 5:00 pm.


According to his e-mailed press release: "It'll be a very informal gathering. I'll share some Pandora history, some background on the Music Genome Project and talk about what's ahead for Pandora. 2010 is already shaping up to be quite a year, so there's a lot to talk about!"


Last month I wrote an enthusiastic note about Pandora, the internet radio service, and about the Music Genome Project that is its heart. I was hardly ahead of the curve, since there were something like 2.5 million Pandora fans ahead of me.


Well, very much better late than never since Pandora is now a constant musical companion while I’m at the keyboard.


Frankly, I’m intrigued by the notion of a live promotional tour for a web-based business. Seems very “Apple” to me.


Recap: Pandora’s Tim Westergren

Sunday, March 7, at 5:00 PM

Rialto Theatre, 318 East Congress Street, Tucson

Free


One request is made. If you are planning to attend please drop an e-mail RSVP to this address: Tour@Pandora.com


Here are some links you might be interested in.

Data Port Column on Pandora: click

Wiki on he Genome Project: click

Westergren on the project: click



(Re-posted from TucsonCitizen.com)




No comments: