Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lena Saradnik Runs in Arizona LD26

The following note was buried in the comments thread to a February 23rd post. I thought it was important enough to bring to the front.

“The 2006 Arizona District races are crucial. The present Republican Legislative leadership's goal is to have a veto proof Legislature. They are one vote shy in the House and two votes shy in the Senate from being able to override the Governor's veto.

“I am a candidate for the open House seat in LD26. As yet, I am the only Democratic candidate in the race. Presently, my campaign manager, Vivian Harte, and I are in the process of setting up a web site and finalizing a campaign plan.

“I am running as a Clean Elections candidate. To qualify, I need 252 $5.00 donations from any registered voters in LD26. I also need nomination petition signatures from LD26 registered Democratic and Independent voters to get on the ballot.

“If your readers wish to help in my campaign, either as a volunteer or a donor, they can reach me by phone at 520-661-5425 or email me at lsaradnik@msn.com.

“I am eagerly looking forward to representing the voters of LD26.

Together we can make a difference.

---Lena Saradnik


10 comments:

Kralmajales said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
George Tuttle said...

The state leadership worked like hell to get Joe Pyritz to run for that seat in District 26. Because of his job, he is unable to go for it.

I wish the best of luck to Lena she is a very honest and kind person.

cc burro said...

Also, Lena has the inspiring attributes of enthusiasm, integrity, fairness, street smarts, abhorrence of bullshit, and she blends pragmatism and idealism beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Didn't Pyritz run in 28 a few years ago?

Shorashim said...

Lena has more integrity and intelligence than most people I have met in my life. Though in the opposition party, I support her fully for this candidacy and position.

TucsonMark said...

To kralmajales and george tuttle. State Rep. Jennifer Burns is from LD 25, which takes in the western and a portion of the very far eastern fringe of Pima County. LD 26 is in the northwest and the current state Reps. are Steve Huffman and Pete Hershberger. Joe Pyritz did run in the LD 28 Democratic party in 2002, finishing fourth in a field of four.

Anonymous said...

There were 5 in LD 28 in 2002.

TucsonMark said...

I stand corrected! It was five! Sam Ramirez finished third, Pyritz fourth and Friedman fifth. My apologies! They say the first thing to go is the memory and the second I can't remember

Kralmajales said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TucsonMark said...

In LD 25 there is a good candidate from Cochise County, Pat Fleming, Democrat, involved in the process, was a Clark supporter in 2004, which will play well.

Plus. heck we all make boo-boo's! I did for the 2002 primary. I had forgotten Sam Ramirez who was asked by Republican bigwig Jeff Hill to run as a Democrat. Ramirez had run prior as the GOP nominee for the LD 14 House. LD 14 took in most of now LD 28.